Photographers join the green team

When I was a kid, I would look with great curiosity at the "National Geographic" magazine photos and read the text under the photos. I was learning the English language at that time. I would just sit down on the floor with 20 different magazines and look at the photos and read the text underneath. My imagination would run wild with the images of those adventurers that went through so much trouble to find that special place. An amazing respect to the beauty of the earth awoke in me. I was bitten by the travel bug...

If you care about the beauty of the Earth, if you have a talent to capture the moment with photos, and if you wanna get paid for doing these, then read on...

At the age of 21 I travelled to New York, where I was an assistant photographer with some of the best photographers in the world between 1991-1996. Mixing some of the old traditional technics with the new digital technics was an exciting challenge in which I was a part of. The computer replaced the dark room and revolutionized the printing industry. Retouching became completely digital and almost no one at the time believed that digital would replace film.

One of the main things I learned in New York as an assistant was that the organization of photographs is the most important thing if you wanna make a living as a photographer. A lot of my time and effort has gone into editing and organizing photos which in return has given its fruits. My photos have been published in many travel magazines and guides around the world and sale with stock photo agencies.

I am going to share with you a secret you probably already know. Google is giving us the tools of cloud computing to organize our photographs with Picasa web albums. Picasa is the most efficient and easy way I have found to edit and organize my work. With Picasa I can quickly create an album to share with anyone through the internet. And Picasa is free and you keep the copyrights of your photos. I still use Photoshop for detailed retouching, but for editing and organizing, Picasa is the best. Try it for yourself. http://picasaweb.google.com

If you are a good freelance photographer and know how to use Picasa, then you can earn money and get new clients while organizing your work at the same time by being part of Travel Photo Journals . com

www.TravelPhotoJournals.com is the ultimate travel guide. Everyone benefits from this by eliminating agent fees and comissions. By contributing you become part of a network of freelance photographers in different destinations around the world. You manage the content of your destination with Google tools. Web pages are designed so any visitor can easily find your personal webpage to hire you for a job or buy a photo. Visitors benefit from your info and direct links to local service providers without any travel agents in the middle. By listing local services in the guide you will profit and provide a bridge between small local busineses and travellers, helping the local community economy grow. All these with the simple steps that I will show you using Picasa. And you will be on your way to becoming a self publishing photographer and doing webpages full of photos like me.

But before I tell you more, I have to see that you are a good photographer for this project. To apply to be a contributing photo journalist is very simple.
You have to be able to write in English. Prepare at least 5 photo albums in Picasa of the destination that you would like to include and operate in Travel Photo Journals.com . Then send me an email with the link of your albums to:

davidseri@hotmail.com

After reviewing the albums, if you qualify for this project, you will receive all the necessary materials for you to get started for free.

I am not interested in making money from photographers. I am interested in a network of talented photographers that know how to tell a story by showing the beauty of the Earth and the people...Google is giving us the tools to do that.


For reference check out the travel photo journal of Lanzarote which is just getting started.
http://lanzarote-holidays-guide.blogspot.com

Together we can promote the beauty of the Earth and its preservation. We can help travellers mingle with the local people and culture.

Aloha